Study in China

Search Hundreds of Courses in China




China is situated in eastern Asia on the western shore of the Pacific Ocean, with an area of 9.6 million square kilometers (world's second-largest country by land area). China's continental coastline extends for about 18,000 kilometers, and its vast sea surface is studded with more than 5,000 islands, of which Taiwan and Hainan are the largest. It is the world's most populous country, with a population of over 1.35 billion. It exercises jurisdiction over 22 provinces, five autonomous regions, four direct-controlled municipalities (Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai and Chongqing), and two mostly self-governing special administrative regions (Hong Kong and Macau). China had the largest and most complex economy in the world for most of the past two thousand years, during which it has seen cycles of prosperity and decline. Since the introduction of economic reforms in 1978, China has become one of the world's fastest-growing major economies. As of 2014, it is the world's second-largest economy by nominal total GDP and largest by purchasing power parity (PPP). China is also the world's largest exporter and second-largest importer of goods. China is a recognized nuclear weapons state and has the world's largest standing army, with the second-largest defence budget.

Why study in China

China's economy is already the world's second largest and is still growing. It is America's fastest-growing major export destination and third largest by volume, behind only Canada and Mexico. Experiencing its culture and understanding its market growth will boost your career. China is likely to be part of your future. Whether you go into business, engineering, health care, architecture, hospitality, or law, your experience studying abroad in China will help you succeed.


The climate in China varies from region to region since the country is massive! In the northeast the summers are hot and dry and the winters are freezing cold. The north and central regions have frequent bouts of rain coupled with hot summers and cold winters.

Education System

Higher education in China is continuously growing, changing and developing. There are over 2,000 universities and colleges, with more than six million enrollments in total. China has set up a degree system, including Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees that are also open to foreign students. The country offers non-degree programmes as well. The universities of China are among some of the top universities in the world; the University of Tsinghua, the University of Peking, the University of Shanghai Jiao University are all ranked in the global top 50 in the 2013 QS World University Rankings, with university of Peking ranked Forty-sixth. The total numbers of universities in China are more than a few 100.

Frequently Ask Questions

Passport Requirements

Original foreign passport recognized by China with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages, and a photocopy of the passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate. (If you have dual or multiple citizenship, you must provide all your original and photocopy of the passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate).

One Visa Application Form filled online with the signature of the applicant (or the guardian) and printed, one copy of appointment for visa application submission confirmation and 2 recently-taken color passport color photo (bare-head, full face) against a light background of the size of 48mm×33mm.

There are three steps of applying for a University: Step 1. Download and fill application form. The application form can be found on the admission page of the University you wish to study in on our site. Step 2. Send required documents us. Step 3. Pay Application Fee.

Every university in China has application fee. It is required to process the application documents, and covers the cost of preparing the students visa, and sending the documents to the students by mail in home country. The application fee is always paid before admission and it’s not refundable, no matter whether you get the admission or not.

The application fee is different in each University. Usually it’s $80-$150. To know how much the application fee for University you want to apply for is go to the admissions page of University of your choice or contact us.

No, if you are applying for English taught programs, you don’t need to provide HSK certificate. If you are applying for Chinese taught programs, you’ll have to pass HSK (level depends on University and the program you are applying for).

If your previous education was taught in English or you are a native English speaker, then you don’t have to. If not, you have to provide the certificate (TOEFL or IELTS preferred).

The list of required documents is different for each University. To know what documents you have to submit go to the admissions page of University of your choice or contact us.

No, for non-degree program you usually have to submit: Application form; Photocopy of passport; Photocopy of Highest Academic Diploma or Certificate; A copy of guarantor’s passport or ID But some Universities might require more documents, for more information contact us.

A guarantor is a person who will help you in case of financial or medical emergency. You have to submit it because the University needs to know that in case of emergency there will be a person who will take responsibility for you. You can download the sample of guarantor statement from us.

Yes, students who are under 18 years old can study in China, but only non-degree programs. To study non-degree program, they have to provide a guardian letter and a guardian’s ID/passport. The guardian has to be Chinese citizen or a foreigner with work visa in China. For a degree programs students have to be 18 years old or above.

Contact us, because every University have different expenses.

Featured Institutes

Image placeholder
Image placeholder
Image placeholder